歪果仁是如何和朋友、同事互相问候的!

2015-10-28982

 

How to Greet People in English Without Sounding Weird

如何用英语问好而不显得奇怪

 

中国式问候

 

“How are you today?”

“你今天怎么样?”

“I'm fine, thank you, and you?”

“我很好,谢谢,你呢?”

“How do you do?”

“你好”

 

 

Now… forget them.

现在,把它们忘了吧。

 

Here are the native greetings you must know:

以下是几个你必须知道地地道问好方式:

 

“How's it going?”

“最近怎么样?”

 

This is asking the same question as “How are you?”. Respond by saying: “Yeah, it's good, you?”

这和问“How are you?”一样。以“嗯不错,你呢?”回答。

 

Notice that you don't say “I'm good”. You say “It's good.” This is because it is referring to the situation. It--the situation--is good.

注意你不要说“我很好”。你要说“(它)很好”这是因为“它”指的是情况。“它”-情况-很好。

 

You can also respond: “Not bad.” Or you can repeat this phrase: “Not bad, not bad.”

你也可以回答:“不错”或者你可以重复这个短语:“不错不错”

 

Remember: not bad = good.

记住:不错=很好

 

It sounds weird but trust me, if someone says that something is “not bad”, they are being positive.

听起来很奇怪但是相信我,如果有人说某事“不错”,他们给的是肯定回答。

 

British English speakers often say that they are well by saying that things are not bad.

英国人经常用“不错”来表达他们很好。

 

Quick tip: if you are in Britain, or talking with British people, and you have had a bad day, let them know. Here are some appropriate responses to the question “How's it going?” if you've had a bad day and you are British:

小贴士:如果你在英国,或与英国人谈话,而你刚过了很糟的一天,让他们知道。如果你刚过了很糟的一天,以下是一些适当的对“最近怎么样?”这个问题的回答:

 

?“Pretty shit, to be honest.”

?“很糟,说实话”

?“Crap.”

?“差极了。

?“I'm having such a bad day.”

?“我今天倒霉透了。

 

“What's up?” and “Sup?”

“怎么样?”和“咋样?”

 

“What's up?” is American-influenced, but young British people use it a lot. You can turn the phrase into one word: “Sup?”

“What's up?” 是带有美国影响的,但是年轻英国人经常用它。你可以把这个短语简化成一个词: “Sup?”

 

You can use more than one greeting in a sentence:

你可以在一个句子中用不止一个问候。

 

1: “What's up, man, how's it going?”

1: “怎么样,朋友,进展如何?”

2: “Yeah, it's good, thanks, what's up with you?”

2:“嗯,挺好,谢谢,你怎么样?

 

Here is an example conversation between two friends who haven't seen each other for a long time:

以下是一个两个很久没见面的朋友之间的谈话的例子:

 

Person 1: “What's up, man, long time no see.

角色1: “最近怎么样,兄弟,好久不见。”

Person 2: “How's it going, my friend?’

角色2:“怎么样呀,我的朋友?”

Person 1: “Yeah, it's good, you?”

角色1:“嗯,挺好,你呢?”

Person 2: “Not bad, not bad. You okay?”

角色2:“不错不错。你挺好吧?”

 

Let's look at the different meanings of “What's up?” and the correct responses.

让我们来看一下“What's up?”的不同含义以及正确的回答

 

1.It's a greeting. “What's up?” can mean “hello” in an informal way. The best response is to also say “What's up?” in return.

 

问候“What's up?”可以表示一种非正式的“你好”。这是最好的回答也是“What's up?”

 

2.It also means, “How are you?” But the speaker doesn't usually expect to know exactly how you are. The best response is “Not much.” E.g:

 

它也表示,“你怎么样?”但是说话者并不真正期望知道你确切怎么样。最好的回答是“没什么”比如:

Them: “What's up?”

他们:“最近怎么样?”

You: “Not much. You?”

你:“没什么。你呢?

 

“How's it hanging?”

 

Another variation on “How's it going?” This phrase is American slang.

“How's it going?”的另一个变形是:“How's it going?” 这是一个美国俚语。

 

“Alright?”

 

This phrase is used a lot in Northern England. It translates to “Hello.” The appropriate response to “Alright?” is “Alright.” Try raising your eyebrows a little and nodding your head when you say it.

这个短语经常用在北英格兰。它被翻译为“你好”。合适的回答是“Alright”。说话时提起一点你的眉毛,并点头。

 

“What have you been up to?”

 

“What ya been up to?” and “What've ya been up to?” are also used and mean the same thing. Appropriate responses are anything that explains what you have done, e.g.:

“What ya been up to?” 或者“What've ya been up to?”经常也用被使用并有相同的含义。任何解释你做了什么的回答都是合适的。

 

“Well, yesterday I went to the cinema with my friends, and I've been studying a lot. What about you?”

“嗯,昨天我和朋友去看电影,我还学了很长时间习。你呢?”

 

You don't have to say exactly what you've been up to. Instead, you can just say “This and that,” or “Ah, you know, same old, same old,” or “Bits and bobs.”

你不一定要说你做了什么,你可以说“各种事情”或者“啊你知道的,老事情,老事情,”或者“零碎事情”。

 

 

Here's an example conversation between two friends:

以下是一个两个朋友间的谈话例子:

 

1: “Alright? How's it going?”

1:“行,最近怎么样?

2: “Alright. Yeah, not bad. What ya been up to?”

2:“还行,嗯,还不错。你怎么样?”

1: “Ah, you know, this and that. Same old, same old. You?”

1:“啊,你知道的,各种事情,老一套,老一套。你呢?”

2: “Yeah, not much. Lots of school work, bits and bobs.”

2: “对呀,没啥。挺多作业,零碎事情的。”

 

“Catch ya later”

 

This is something you can say instead of “goodbye” at the end of speaking with a friend. It basically means ‘see you soon’ and can be used like this:

在与朋友谈话结尾,你可以用这种表达,而不是“拜拜”

 

“Alright, mate. Good seeing ya. Catch ya later. Take care, yeah.”

“好了朋友们,很高兴见到你们,以后见。保重。

 

Another way to say goodbye is “Cheerio.” It's quite old-fashioned, but sounds friendly and fun!

另外一种说再见的方法是“Cheerio.”这种表达比较老式,但是听起来很友好并有趣!

 

I hope this has helped and you found it interesting! Next time you need to greet an English speaker, try using any of these words. Let me know in the comments about any interesting ways to greet people in your language!

我希望你觉得这篇文章对你有所帮助并有意思!下次再遇到说英语的人,尝试使用这些词汇。




发言有风险,评论需谨慎。复制粘贴、无意义及其他不当评论,将被管理员删除,并扣除相应积分。
请登录后评论 ?
就要阅读网 MinMax-91Reading
MinMax 是中国中小学生英文原版书分级与进阶测评标准的制定者,阅读一体化解决方案的提供者。
91Reading 是北京美锐美思教育咨询有限公司旗下线上业务站点。
在这里,拥有国内品种最全、数量最多的英文绘本与各类书籍;
在这里,拥有由专业人员组成的导师团队,指导你如何进行阅读;
在这里,有最详尽最贴心最实用的英文阅读方法及最科学的阅读力进阶测试;
来 91Reading——我们尽最大的努力,提供更多、更优良的英文原版读物,让您享受到阅读带来的乐趣和帮助! View More
联系方式
  • 公司: 北京美锐美思教育咨询有限公司

  • 地址: 北京市海淀区上地十街1号院3号楼14层1410

  • 电话: 010-86487313

  • 邮件: admin@91reading.cc

  • 工作时间: 周一至周五:9:30 - 19:30